Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So thanks to last nights Buffalo "ficken" wings I did not sleep very well last night. I woke up tired and did not go for a walk like I wanted to. I was feeling mad at myself for not pushing but I got a last minute cupcake order so it actually worked out for the best. The universe is funny like that. I am however very proud of myself for my meal choices today. Despite my wanting to shove my face full of crap due to some residual negative Nellie's lingering around my brain, I made choices I am proud of. Yes there's a lot of spinach. Yes there's a lot of tomatoes. I didn't make it to the grocery today. Don't judge.
Here's today's menu:
Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 2 cups of fresh spinach, 1 medium Roma tomato and a 8 oz glass of Naked Juice Green Machine.
Lunch: 3 cups of fresh spinach, 1 serving Trader Joe's Chickenless stips, 1 medium Roma tomato, a small palm full of almonds, 2 hard boiled egg whites, 1 tbs lemon olive oil and 1 tbs vanilla fig balsamic.Oh and a Diet Coke. I refuse to give it up. I will not feel sorry about it.
Snack: Orowheat multigrain sandwich thin with a couple pieces of Tofurky and a little Dijon mustard.
Dinner: 3 cups of fresh spinach, 1 serving of Buffalo "ficken" wings, 1 medium Roma tomato, sprinkle of low fat Feta and a splash-ish of Ranch dressing. (Ok I know the Ranch is bad but it's all I had. Again don't judge)

I use the Livestrong Daily Plate tracker so today's totals: 1273 calories eaten. 54 grams of fat (The Ranch killed me.) 813 calories burned. 144 ounces of water. 





Now I am sure that you have noticed I eat a lot of "ficken" and "feat". I have been a vegan for the last 2 and a half years. I know you're looking around for my soap box. I became a vegan out of health concerns not political agendas. Yes I believe in recycling and proper animal treatment but for me it's not a PETA thing. Over the last 2 months I have slowly incorporated back in lean meats to my diet (and yes sometimes after a night of adult beverages some Del Taco has crossed these lips) but I try to keep it to a minimum and use as much meat alternative products as possible. High cholesterol runs in my family so I try to be as green as I can and buy as local as I can. I try to be kind to my body and the Earth.

I did boot camp tonight and it was tough but it was good. I can feel myself getting stronger. Even if you only do 1 more push-up than before it's still progress. I went a little overboard yesterday and reactivated a knee injury so I didn't walk after class. I am sore which means it was a kick ath work out. Thanks Taryn! Now I'm going to finish watching Honey Boo Boo because I'm told laughter works those abs....

No comments:

Post a Comment