Monday, August 13, 2012

Failure Is Not An Option

So let's just say that this weekend was an epic success on fun. Great friends, good times and lots of laughter. It was also an epic fail. I did not make it to boot camp on Saturday and although it's not because I was hungover I was still disappointed in myself for oversleeping. I did not get any exercise in outside of the occasional booty shaking to a good song. I tried to bring along healthy eating options but ate the junk as well. I am feeling a bit disappointed in myself. And by a bit, I mean a lot.

I know this will be TMI but I did get my monthly punctuation yesterday and after almost 12 months of not getting it, it's a good/bad thing. With my PCOS my periods are very painful, gnarly and uncomfortable. And completely unpredictable. I know I am not alone with the suffering but it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I feel like someone kicked me in my back and I am exhausted and in extreme pain. I am sharing this very personal information with you because I missed boot camp tonight and I was really looking forward to going. It's really frustrating to know that you effed up over the weekend and you cannot claim your redemption. Me getting it is also good because that means that the extra weight and fat the I have been carrying is decreasing. I wish I could give you this week's pictures and stats but it will have to wait till Wednesday. Sorry kids.

I did go for a short walk to try to at least get some cardio in and in the hopes it would help with the pain. It made me feel a little better but not a whole lot. So tonight as I write this I am pretty bummed. Usually this is the part of the story where I give up. But this time I will fight harder and I will be stronger. I will not give up. And even though I have tripped and landed on my face I'm going to pick myself up and dust myself off. You only fail when you stop trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment