Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer's Over...

What a great labor day weekend. It was the perfect way to say goodbye to summer and hello to fall. First off I would like to say that Taryn was absolutely right. I gave up Diet Coke last week and in 4 days I dropped a 1/2 inch from my waist and thigh. Woo! We did this beach boot camp on Saturday that kicked my butt but it was really cool that I was able to do it. It was a good weekend filled with good friends and good times and I have a truly blessed life.

We started the stripped challenge on Saturday and that made the holiday weekend a little rough. I tried to make the best decisions but stumbled a little. I got sunburned really really badly on Sunday which caused me to miss boot camp yesterday so that was really frustrating. I am going to try to do boot camp today but I have to admit I am in a lot of pain. My scalp, chest, back and arms are fried. The idea of sweating and getting hot is making me really nervous right now. I feel like I should at least go and try though because I need to push myself as hard as I can even though it would be so much easier to sit on the couch painless. All I can do is try right?

I had a bad day today and it's hard to not just disappear into junk food and my bed. I know that working out will make me feel better. I know that it's what I need to do to meet my goals. I didn't walk yesterday because sunlight is excruciating and I know that I need to get some sort of workout. I really wish I was one of those people that loves working out and that I didn't have to push myself. I know that the more I exercise the better I will be and the more my body will crave it. It's just hard waiting for that to kick in. All I can do is keep trying everyday. Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. 

Tomorrow morning I will be going to the grocery store and getting myself prepared for the challenge. I'm just trying to make it through the end of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment