Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back In The Saddle Again

Today was Jack's first day of school and he's now in the 2nd grade. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday he was a little nugget in my arms. I was listening to the Jason Ellis show on Sirius radio today and they were talking about Jessica Simpson and the baby weight that she has yet to lose. I won't get into their whole conversation (it was funny but pretty rude) but Jason made a really good point. A girl called in and said that she was overweight and it was because she was lazy and ate horribly. He told her that she needs to stop thinking of herself as a fat person because the more she tells herself that the more okay it is to be that way. He said she needs to stop being lazy, eat better and get her butt in shape. (In not quite those words.) He made a point that the women who bounce back after pregnancy and lose the weight are the women who take care of themselves and their body while they are pregnant. He was kind of jerk but he made some really good points and it got me thinking about the way I think about myself. I have to start adjusting my thinking and stop allowing myself to be fat. 




It's amazing how much eating and exercise can affect your mood. As per my last post I got a little sidetracked this weekend and up until I went to Crave today for boot camp I was in a rather unpleasant mood. But after a good dinner and a hard work out (over 100 push ups, sit ups and jump squats) I feel a lot better. I am finally starting to see and feel that connection. When I got home an counted how many push ups I did I was kinda proud of myself. 6 months ago I couldn't even do 5. I think I'm getting to the point where I can tell myself on those days that I don't want to work out that I will feel so much better if I do. And truly believe it! Ha ha. PMA everyday!


Today I made it to the grocery store and got all stocked up for the Stripped Challenge. I got lots of fresh veggies and organic fish and chicken. For dinner tonight I made the Tuscan Chicken and it was pretty good. I marinated the chicken in Walden Farms calorie free dressing and roasted them in the oven at 375 for 1/2 an hour. Steamed some green beans and put it all on top of a cup of spinach with a roma tomato and a little extra dressing. I know it's supposed to be a plated meal but after being vegan for so long, I like to eat salads so I sort of tricked my brain. :) These Walden Farm dressings are awesome. I got mine at Sprouts and they have a ton of flavors. They are a little on the higher side with sodium so use carefully. But they taste great. Highly recommended. The whole dinner was pretty yum and I'm glad that I will be able to survive on this menu. I would also like to state that I spent $60 on food for the week for 3 people. My son didn't want salad so I substituted mushroom risoto for him from Trader Joe's. I had my lovely friend Elisa make me a turkey wrap while at Sprouts and that made for a filling lunch. It was just turkey, fresh veggies, deli mustard and a little avo in a whole wheat tortilla. I try to keep reminded myself that food is not comfort, food is fuel. I have a big day tomorrow so off to bed I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment