Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Down 2.5 Inches!

So we had our weekly weigh in yesterday for the Stripped challenge. I am proud to say that I won this week with a total loss of 2.5 inches. So for the challenge so far I am down 4 inches. Woo. It was such a good feeling and it was nice to finally see some of the hard work paying off. I have been really trying to focus on getting my eating habits in check. I've been sticking to lean proteins, fresh veggies and good carbs. Well for the most part. :) I've been the most proud of myself for not stress eating. It's been really hard but after getting measured this week I am so much more motivated to keep going and to work harder.

Life has been throwing me a lot of curve balls lately and my stress is at an all time high. I suffer from anxiety (like diagnosed get her on crazy pills anxiety) but lately as overwhelmed as I've been emotionally (hence the sporadic posts) it hasn't gotten as bad as it has before. I think that exercise is a good part of that reason. I am "stress eating" less and less and finding healthy alternatives to channel my stress. I still have my bad days. If we're being honest my life is sort of falling apart. I'm trying to hold it together but don't we all? I'm not even taking it day by day right now, I'm taking it minute by minute. I know we've all been there. I know there is hope and I know that God will carry me when I need it. This is only temporary. For the first time though, I am finding that I have a greater desire to work out when I am struggling. It's giving me a positive thing to focus on in this sea of chaos. I have something good to work towards that can't get taken away from me and it's one of the only things that the more I do it, the better I feel. It might just be my saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment